Partners GME Consultant
Remote/Telecommute, Based in the United States | Contract | Allows remote
The position description below contains general qualifications that cover the breadth of the position. Applicants who do not meet all requirements are encouraged to apply, if they have significant relevant experience.
Partners® is an internationally renowned team of GME experts who provide hands-on consulting and education to medical education professionals.
We are looking to recruit talented, experienced GME professionals to meet the growing demands of our national and international clients.
The key functions of the GME Consultant position are, to contract, design, and carry out customized on-site and off-site GME consulting and educational services related to establishing, enhancing, or turning around, sponsoring institutions and residency programs. This may include creating and presenting Partners® Webinars and onsite educational conferences, in addition to individual and collaborative client consulting. Consultant will be expected to build and maintain a clientele base through sales activities, referrals and leads. He/she will assist in the development and marketing of products and services by providing expert advice. This person will work closely with the President of the company, and may assist, for a period of time, with training of other consultants if requested. New hires will train with a seasoned consultant. Candidates must consider themselves to be a life-long learner, have integrity beyond question, strive for excellence and be passionate about what they do.
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree in an applicable area of the health sciences or adult education; Master’s degree strongly preferred. Other equivalent degrees or certifications will be considered when combined with substantial relevant GME experience.
- Continuing education in GME and other related health care subjects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Requires graduate medical education experience in a university/medical school and/or hospital environment in sufficient amount and variety to efficiently provide clients with direct “hands-on” knowledge of the factors that impact effective implementation of accreditation requirements. Experience at both the program and the institutional level strongly preferred.
- Must understand requirements related to GME programs and the GMEC and the difference in the way they are applied in the university, tertiary medical center, and the community hospital, as well as how GME interfaces with administration, medical staff, voluntary attending physicians and other hospital departments.
- Clinical experience preferred.
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability and eagerness to learn other software packages and equipment for various business operations, such as, collaborative tools or online/onsite presentations, as needed.
- Must be able to deal appropriately with professional and clinical clientele and work in a professional environment. Must be aware of the interface among clients and accreditation, certification, and licensing bodies, directly involved in and impacting GME.
- Must be able to work independently, making independent decisions as necessary.
- Must be able to multitask within each project and work with several clients during the same time frame.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, including grammar and professionalism
- Must be able to speak well publicly, in front of audiences ranging from a couple people to a few hundred.
- Must be familiar with graduate medical education terminology and appropriate usage.
Attitudes and Behavior
- Must be a team player, self-starter, assertive, helpful, optimistic, have integrity beyond question, and require minimal supervision.
- Ability to fly to client locations and travel for client jobs when necessary. International travel may be required.
Partners in Medical Education, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on any basis, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
By filling out the from below, you are expressing your interest in the position, and grant Partners permission to contact you based on the information submitted. Completing the form does not provide a guarantee of employment.