ACGME Complaint Letter: Now What?
Presenter: Heather Peters, M.Ed., Ph.D and Carmela Meyer, Ed.D
Recorded: June, 2022
Don’t be held hostage by resident complaints to the ACGME. Learn how to prepare, how to respond, and better yet, how to prevent future complaints. Special focus on how the sponsoring institution can provide a framework for responding to future resident complaints to the ACGME.
- Outline a framework for responding to ACGME Letter of Complaints at the program and the sponsoring institution level
- Articulate the oversight responsibilities of the sponsoring institution when a program receives an ACGME Letter of Complaint
- Review possible outcomes of an ACGME Letter of Complaint
- Discuss how to prepare for a site visit if that is the outcome of the response to the ACGME Letter of Complaint
- Describe how the sponsoring institution can prevent future ACGME Letters of Complaint